viernes, 8 de diciembre de 2017

Vacation on San Andres Island

My last vacations were in San Andres Island. I went to this interesting land with my mom and sister. San Andres is hot, so we had to wear short clothes and use sandals.

Also, the language that native speakers use to talk is a British English, but they shorten many words. For example, for saying “come here” they say “comeba”. Fortunately, they also speak Spanish.

I was in the beach and I could watch some fishes of different sizes and colors with my swimming goggles. I ate some delicious dishes at the restaurant such as breaded fish which I hadn’t eaten it before. Some foods are very expensive including meat, some fruits and vegetables. These are expensive because almost all the food is imported from Nicaragua and Costa Rica and very little is bought from Colombia.


Also, I walked around the island and I could visit some clothing stores, restaurants and souvenir shops. In these stores, I bought a t-shirt and some small souvenirs for the refrigerator. Also, I had the opportunity to taste some typical drinks of the island.

We took a tour around the island by bus in which a person explained us some important things about San Andres such as its history and the places that we were going to visit. The first place was La Cueva de Morgan. Morgan was a pirate who died in the ocean and his body was covered by choral.  The cave was where Morgan hid his treasures.

The next place to visit was West View Restaurant. This was near the sea, then we could enter to this place and use the diving boardthe water slide and we could feed fishes with bread. They were of different colors. The cost to enter there was 3.000 pesos per person.



Finally, we went to the Hoyo Soplador. This is in the south end. There was a hole in which air goes up. People tried to take photos, but they had to wait much time. Also, in this place my sister found a crab. But, unfortunately this was dead.


The next day, we went to visit the cays, they are small islands. The first was Johnny cay. Here we saw some iguanas on the palm tree and on the bushes. My mom played Frisbee with other people on the beach, and my sister and I went to swim in the sea, that was very deep. We stayed there for 3 hours.


Then, we took the boat and went to Haynes cay. Here we had lunch, it was very delicious. Also, we visited the aquarium; we had the opportunity to see a starfish, a stingray and many sea urchins. We were there for 2 hours. Then, we took the boat and returned to San Andres, specifically to Lord Pierre Hotel. In these places is not permitted to throw garbage and take home any natural animals. Finally, last day I spent time with my family walking around the beach, I was very happy.

3 comentarios: